Your apartment

Power cut?

Before you contact the property services, first check if it is a fuse or a circuit breaker in your fusebox that has blown. Unplug the equipment that may have caused the power failure before resetting fuse or circuit breaker. There is a risk that you have to pay for the emergency turn-out if you have not taken the above measures first . During a power cut, it is good if you first check if it is only your apartment that is affected, or if the whole building is dark. Check with your neighbours.

Have you lost the key?

Should you lose a key to the flat or a communal kitchen we have to change the lock and you will be debited for this. If you lose a key to other and communal spaces/premises you can buy a new key from your Kundcenter. You are not allowed to make copies of keys, since our lock system has been blocked.

Locked out?

During business hours, your Kundcenter will help you. You will be asked to show identification and will be charged a service fee for the unlocking of your door. During nights and holidays, you call the emergency number which apply for your area listed above under the heading "Complaints", and pay an emergency locksmith to open your door.


Repairs carried out because of misuse or damage must be paid for by tenants. This could be damage such as cracked windowpanes, scratched doors, cracked washbasins or damaged wallpaper. To avoid too many holes in walls we recommend that you use special picture-hooks.


Should you discover vermin, look at the notice boards which company to turn to. The  property holder will pay the costs for any sanitising actions.


In the moving-in information you find what is applied where you live.

Indoor temperature

The heat in our homes is balanced and should be between 19-20 degrees. If the temperature drops below the recommended contact your Kundcenter.


Most flats have their own storeroom while tenants in single rooms sharing a kitchen also can share a storeroom. Do not store valuables there because of the risk of theft. If you have a home insurance this will not cover theft or fire. Avoid placing objects on the floor. At a flood your home insurance might not cover. There are no other storage spaces for furniture available apart from the one which belongs to your home.

Home insurance

No one can be completely safe from disasters such as burglary, fire, and flooding. You may be liable to pay for any damage you cause on the property, such as from water leaking from a broken aquarium, dishwasher or washing machine. The same applies for broken basins, bath tubs and water closets. For these and similar cases, it is advisable that you have home insurance. It is recommended that you take out a home insurance policy if you have not already done so. If you have an insurance, make sure it is sufficiently large.


You are not allowed to keep a pet in your apartment if you live in a single room with shared kitchen. This is mainly out of consideration for allergic persons.

If you live in an apartment with your own kitchen and keep a pet please follow the current rules:

  • House pets must be exercised outside the housing area.
  • Keep cats away from playground areas, sandpits etc.

Drilling holes and putting things up

Before you find the ideal furnishings, you might have to move a couple of times, so think carefully before you start drilling holes in walls and ceilings.

  • Remember that you could be liable to pay when you move out if you cause damage which is not  classed as normal wear.
  • The principle is that tenants who move out must leave the flat in an acceptable condition. Consideration is  paid to how many unsightly holes and marks you have left during your time and how well you have restored  things after you.

 Ask our advice before you act.

Do not make holes or put nails into the following:

  • Tiles and tile joints
  • Floors, doors, cupboards, cupboard doors, window frames, window arches and other woodwork.
  • Be careful if you drill into ceilings that you do not hit electrical wiring. Do not drill into the wall where the electrical centre is situated.

Light objects:

  • Use white so-called concrete hooks on concrete walls and thin nails in plaster walls.
  • Do not use tape or sticking mass.

Heavier objects:

If you have to drill a hole to hang up a heavier object, you can cut a cross on the wallpaper with a sharp knife and fold back the corners before you drill. Then it’s easier to restore before you leave.

  • In plasterboard walls you should use removable plaster plugs. In plaster walls between flats there are double plasterboards. In other cases, single plasterboard is used.
  • In concrete walls use plastic expander plugs.

Carrying out your own work in the flat

  • You may paint and wallpaper the flat yourself. But if you choose colours or wallpapers that are too  extreme, you may be liable to pay when you move out.
  • Do not paint cupboard doors, doors or woodwork.
  • You my lay fitted carpets if they are laid in a manner that does not damage the flooring underneath.
  • If you carry out work in the flat, it must be done in a professional manner. For example, painting  over wallpaper is not professional. You may be liable to pay when you move out.
  • You must not change the original design of the flat. It is not permissible to remove a wall or build an arch between two rooms.
  • You must not lay new floors.

Ask our advice before you act.

Washing-up machines in the apartment

Wrongly installed washing-up machines have caused many accidents. The most common are electricity and water injuries. Incorrect installation can be life threatening. It is therefore very important that you follow the special rules laid down.

  • Do not install washing-up machines without first contacting SGS
  • Installation must be carried out by a qualified professional
  • The machine must be approved by the Swedish Water and Sewage Association (VAV)
  • The machine must not be fastened to the floor with screws, bolts etc.
  • Remember that you are responsible for any injuries/damage that might occur.
  • Check that your home insurance covers any injuries/damage which might occur.